Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ready, Aim, Fire!

In my first post I mentioned that Bobby and I have purchased a gun and that I do not like guns. When we started looking gun shopping, Bobby would make sure that I saw all of the ones that he was looking at and would ask me what I thought and try to get me to hold one. Well, guns are REALLY not my thing. I had two friends killed by people mishandling guns when I was a kid and losing them like that really left a mark in my mind. NEVER PLAY WITH GUNS!!! That being said, I was VERY uncomfortable with the whole thing.

This past Saturday some friends of ours, my dad, Bobby and I went to the gun range. Since we bought the gun for protection and I would not even touch the thing I got to go first. I was taught how to load and unload the gun, use the sights and so on. I shot our gun first and did not do to bad. Then I shot our friends guns. They had a 45 and a 9mm both were semi-automatic. Well it turns out that I am a pretty good shot and I had a lot of fun. I was glad that my dad was there it made me feel more comfortable somehow. I think that Bobby had a good time too. Maybe we have picked up a new hobby?? I even saved the targets that I used. What a dork!!!

1 comment: