Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One of those pricless moments....

Alright guys, this is my first post so hang with me!

Ok, I will start with 2 weeks ago. I came home around 8:30pm from my oldest's softball game to find my back porch light off. This sent up a red flag because I never turn off my porch lights. I slowly drove past my house and could see from the street that my back door was open a few inches. I parked my car in the drive-way, told the kids to stay there until I came back to get them and locked the car. I entered my back door with out making a peep and listened for a few moments for any noises. The house was pitch black, no light at all. I did not hear anything so I entered the house completely and found nothing out of place. I just assumed that when my husband left that the latch on the door did not catch so I told the kids that it was ok to come inside. After putting my purse on the counter ,I opened my bedroom door to fine it turned upside down. Someone HAD broken into our home, but took nothing.

Over the next two weeks My husband and I have made some changes to the house to make it more secure and safe. We had ADT install an alarm system, purchased a gun and reinforced locks. Now, I will have to tell you that I HATE guns!! I always have but I understand the need at this point. Needless to say I am beyond stressed!

Now to the current. I wake up Saturday morning, yeah Valentines Day, with some sort of rash on my cheeks, neck and forhead. So, at 8:00am Monday morning I start to call around to find a dermotologist that can see me right away, rash on face = URGENT!!! I get ahold of one that says they can see me at 8:25. I look at the clock, 8:10 with 3 year old daughter still at home with me, DANG. Where are you located?, I ask. Just my luck they are right down the street from me. So, with Alyssa already dressed I rush her to the car and ask her if she would like to go with mommy to the doctor. She says that she would and asks why I have to go. I brush it off with a quick, easy answer and explain to her that she has to be really "good". I am somewhat dreading this experiance because Alyssa is into EVERYTHING these days and listen only when she wants to. We get to the doctors office and get put into a room. The nurse come in and asks why I needed to be seen and before I could answer Alyssa say, " Miss doctor, can I hold my mommy's hand so that she is not scared". The nurse says "yes, of course you can", and Alyssa grabs my hand. My heart just melted she almost brought me to tears. After all of the stress that I have been having it was a VERY welcome moment!!!!

FYI... The doctor says that the rash is a flare up caused by stress and gave me meds that can take up to 4 weeks to work. Go figure!!!

1 comment: